It is Bible Sunday and we will be giving our 4th graders their very own bible as a gift from the church. Don’t forget to bring your own communion bread and juice with you as we celebrate the sacrament together.
A Special thank to all who attended our ZOOM All Church Conference last Sunday, September 27th. We just wanted to let everyone know that after reviewing all of the ballots, the Simple Board Model was approved and will be implemented for 2021 leadership.
As the weather is turning to fall we having been looking at ways to allow our small groups to gather indoors. In addition to the numerous zoom meetings and groups, beginning October 11th, we will begin to allow groups of 12 or less gather in the building. This will be done in advance by reservation only through Melissa in the church office. The Building will only be available on certain days and only certain classrooms will be used. Each group will be asked to sign a covenant agreement that they will follow the establish rules and protocals that are in place for their saftey and protection. Please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church at 913.897.6446 and leave a message.
Join us this Sunday at 1:00 p.m. in the church parking lot for some Bingo fun, trivia and a socially distance ‘treat’ walk.Plan on picking up your next set of curriculum for October and November Sunday School at Heritage House before the fun begins.
Please enter the church off of the 129th street entrance. Drive by Heritage House to get your curriculum and then you will be directed to a parking spot for all of the bingo fun! Please bring masks – you will need them to do the ‘treat’ walk.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions. We can’t wait to see you on Sunday!
The Missions Team is designating this month as Heritage UMC October Outreach. You are invited to share the love of Jesus Christ with our community.
Pick one or two of these opportunities to connect with the community, let them know you are a member of Heritage UMC and share the Love of Jesus Christ with them:
· Pick up a hygiene kit at Missions Curbside. Take one to pass along.
· Assemble sack lunches for Cross-Lines- include water bottle, fruit cup, granola bar, bag of chips, a spoon, and a napkin. Deliver them to Missions Curbside dropoff.
· Clean out your closets and donate unused and unneeded winter coats and clothing to the local thrift store or Cross-Lines. We will be collecting new and gently used winter coats at Missions Curbside.
· Offer to help a neighbor with yard work, raking leaves, cleaning out flower beds,washing windows, walking their dog or another project around their house.
· Fix a meal or two for a friend or neighbor
· Invite a friend or neighbor to watch the Heritage UMC online worship
· Send a note to a friend, relative or neighbor and let them know you are thinking about them and praying for them.
Missions Curbside Drop Off is offered every Sunday at 9:30am-11am at Heritage House Parking Lot
We would love to hear how you have touched the lives of others in the community during our Heritage UMC October Outreach. Send us an email, post a picture on facebook and tag Heritage UMC, and let us know the fun you had reaching out to others during October and spreading joy and love!
Questions, contact Cindy Svec, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A reminder that online giving is available on the church website at https://heritageumc.org/. Should you prefer to write a check, you can mail them to the church office at Heritage United Methodist Church, 12850 Quivira Rd, Overland Park KS 66213.