The Heritage Preschool was established in 1998 as an outreach to the congregation and the Johnson County community. With God’s guidance, it is our hope to provide a loving and nurturing Christian program where children can learn, play, and grow.
Our qualified Christian teachers guide and stimulate children’s natural curiosity and initiative through developmentally appropriate activities, in an attractive and well-planned environment. Our curriculum is structured by our degreed teachers, and based on the Kansas Early Learning Standards.
Heritage Preschool has maintained a 4-Star rating from the Kansas Quality Rating and Improvement System through KACCRRA since January 2008. Our curriculum is center created, and based on the Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale (ECERS), it includes:
- Planned, age-appropriate hands-on activities.
- Experiences in cognitive development, art, music, movement, science and math.
- Social interaction with adults and other young children in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Exposure to Christian values.
- Special programs brought in to enhance the preschool curriculum, rather than taking field trips off site.
- Yearly screenings of each student using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire, a parent completed child monitoring system.
Our preschool’s approach to discipline is based on the Conscious Discipline® program developed by Dr. Becky Bailey. Conscious Discipline® is a complete self-regulation program that integrates social-emotional learning and discipline. It is based on current brain research and scientifically and practically empowers adults and children to transform conflicts into opportunities to learn critical life skills.
All of our teachers are degreed and are trained to implement Conscious Discipline® in the classroom. With low teacher to student ratios, our goal is to ensure that your child will feel welcome, safe, connected, and ready to learn.
Classes and Tuition
Kids Day out :
Option 1 Monday or Wednesday or Thursday 9:00-2:30 $140/month
Option 2: $280/mo.
Option 3: $280/mo.
3-year-olds 9:00-1:00 $230
4-year-olds 9:00-1:00 $290
Pre-k 9:00-1:00 $350
Monday 1:00-2:45 $45
Wednesday 1:00-2:45 $45
Thursday 1:00-2:45 $45
Rates effective for 2019-2020 school year