|Here’s What’s Happening at Heritage!|
Join us for Worship online at 9:30 am
Watch us at:
Below is the link to take you to the bulletin
on our website so you can print it:
As the weather is turning to fall we having been looking at ways to allow our small groups to gather indoors. In addition to the numerous zoom meetings and groups, beginning October 11th, we will begin to allow groups of 12 or less gather in the building. This will be done in advance by reservation only through Melissa in the church office. The Building will only be available on certain days and only certain classrooms will be used. Each group will be asked to sign a covenant agreement that they will follow the establish rules and protocols that are in place for their safety and protection. Please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church at 913.897.6446 and leave a message.
Pet Memorial Garden
Thanks to the trustees and Children’s Ministries we have created a pet memorial garden on the west side of Heritage House. It is open to our entire church family as a place to remember any lost pets.
You are invited to paint a 6 x 6 paver to place in the garden. Pavers can be purchased at any home improvement store or Susie Bond can deliver one to your home with all of the instructions. You will need to seal your paver with an acrylic coating or a polyurethane to protect it from the elements. Susie Bond can also assist with this.
Once your paver is completed you can place it in the pet memorial garden. There is a bench for you to sit on and a cross, so that you can spend time with God remembering your very special pet.
For more information contact Susie Bond at email@example.com
The Missions Team is designating this month as Heritage UMC October Outreach. You are invited to share the love of Jesus Christ with our community.
Pick one or two of these opportunities to connect with the community, let them know you are a member of Heritage UMC and share the Love of Jesus Christ with them:
· Pick up a hygiene kit at Missions Curbside. Take one to pass along.
· Assemble sack lunches for Cross-Lines- include water bottle, fruit cup, granola bar, bag of chips, a spoon, and a napkin. Deliver them to Missions Curbside dropoff.
· Clean out your closets and donate unused and unneeded winter coats and clothing to the local thrift store or Cross-Lines. We will be collecting new and gently used winter coats at Missions Curbside.
· Offer to help a neighbor with yard work, raking leaves, cleaning out flower beds,washing windows, walking their dog or another project around their house.
· Fix a meal or two for a friend or neighbor
· Invite a friend or neighbor to watch the Heritage UMC online worship
· Send a note to a friend, relative or neighbor and let them know you are thinking about them and praying for them.
Missions Curbside Drop Off is offered every Sunday at 9:30am-11am at Heritage House Parking Lot
We would love to hear how you have touched the lives of others in the community during our Heritage UMC October Outreach. Send us an email, post a picture on facebook and tag Heritage UMC, and let us know the fun you had reaching out to others during October and spreading joy and love!
Questions, contact Cindy Svec, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A reminder that online giving is available on the church website at http://heritageumc.org/. Should you prefer to write a check, you can mail them to the church office at Heritage United Methodist Church, 12850 Quivira Rd, Overland Park KS 66213.