Join us Online this Sunday, May 3 at 9:00 and 10:30am
or Live on Sunday Morning at 9:30 am in the church parking lot for Drive In Church
To view the worship service please click on the following link:
Be sure to leave a comment and let us know you watched or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org We can’t wait to hear from you.
Below is the link to take you to the bulletin on our website so you can print off a copy, it has been formatted in 8.5 x 11 for home printing:
The worship service will also be available on Heritage’s Facebook page on Sunday at 9:00am and 10:30 am:
Join us in the parking lot of Heritage this Sunday, May 3 at 9:30am rain or shine, for our first ever Drive In Church!
After a conversation with church leadership, creative thinking by our AV team, verifying that we are going to meet guidlines with the conference, county and state officials; we now have the ability to offer worship via radio in our parking lot.
Why you ask? Many of you have been missing communion on the first of the month and per the Bishop’s orders, we can only do this live. Since we don’t currently have the ability to broadcast live due to internet bandwidth (we are working to improve it), we have only been able to pre-record our service.
How does a Drive In Church work? It can only work if we are all following the rules.
What are the rules?
1. Bring your own communion- bread and grape juice
2. Stay in your car and follow the parking lot attendants direction as to where to park
3. Windows need to remain rolled up
4. Tune your radio to 90.5 FM
5. If you bring an offering, please place it in a sealed envelope and wear your gloves and mask when rolling down your window to drop it in the box as directed.
6. You will be able to hear, but probably not be able to see everything as we will not have a video screen.
6. Be understanding and flexible- this is our first attempt at this!
7. If this goes smoothly and everyone follows the rules we will try to continue to have this monthly in addition to our online worship.
Please remember that even though we are not meeting in person, the church is still doing the work of God and your contributions help us continue that work. Online giving is available on the church website at http://heritageumc.org/. The Give Online button takes you to a secure page where you can make a one time or recurring contribution to the church. Should you prefer to write a check, you can mail them to the church office at Heritage United Methodist Church, 12850 Quivira Rd, Overland Park KS 66213.
Are you missing the Upper Room?
Click on this link to downlaod the May/June issue :
Should you or a family member need assistance or care during this time, please reach out to our Congregational Care Coordinator, Cindy Svec at email@example.com or call the church office and leave her a message. Voice mail messages will be forwarded directly to her email.